With our first trip to Austin for SXSW, we tried to hit a variety of sessions that could apply to a wide range of our clients and readers. Below is a quick sxsw recap, but first, some fun facts we learned!
- More people own a mobile device than a toothbrush.
- 53% of millenials would rather lose their sense of smell than their technology.
- The average person a has 7 second attention span. The average goldfish has 8.
- Every second, 2 new members join LinkedIn – that’s like the entire enrollment of the Ivy League joining LinkedIn everyday.
- Grandparents are the fastest growing demographic on Twitter.
- Your audience is 3x more likely to visit your site than engage with your content on your Facebook page.
- #1 way people get in touch with a brand – they go to the brand website.
- UGC leads to 10% higher conversion rate.
- More snaps in one day than posts on all other social platforms combined (unverified).
- World/Social Populations: 1. Facebook 2. China 3. India 4. Tencent 5. Whatsapp 6. Google+ 7. LinkedIn 8. United States 9. Instagram 10. Twitter
Credit: Social Media Revolution 2015 #Socialnomics