Last Updated: December 2018
Editor’s Note: We will attempt to keep this updated roughly every six months. Check back for updated statistics. Thanks to everyone who has contributed feedback to keep this graphic as accurate as possible.
With all of the various social media outlets that people are using these days, we thought it would be nice to come up with an infographic that breaks down each of the most popular social outlets into digestible snippets demonstrating advantages of each and how they can be best utilized. Learn how to best leverage each platform with this social media comparison infographic. Enjoy!
Social Media Comparison Infographic Transcript
- Social site that is all about discovery
- Largest opportunities on Pinterest are in the home, parenting, beauty, style, and food industries
- 50%+ of new signups are men
- Pinterest has 250 million monthly active users
- Micro blogging social site that limits post to 280 characters
- Twitter has over 69 million users in the U.S.
- There are 6,000 tweets on average every second
- Twitter has 326 million monthly active users
- Mobile is Facebook’s cash cow with 1.57 billion daily active mobile users
- 25% of U.S. Facebook users are age 25 to 34
- Users share 1 million links every 20 minutes
- Facebook has 2.23 billion monthly active users
- Social sharing app all around pictures and 60 second videos
- Many brands are participating through the use of hashtags and posting pictures consumers can relate to
- The most followed brand on Instagram (outside of the Instagram brand itself) is National Geographic
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users
- App for sending videos and pictures that disappear after being viewed
- There 10+ billion video views daily on Snapchat
- Roughly 70% of users are female
- Snapchat is the most used platform among 12-24 year olds
- Snapchat has 300+ million monthly active users
- Business oriented social networking site
- Brands that are participating are corporate brands giving potential and current associates a place to network and connect
- 70%+ of LinkedIn users are outside of the U.S.
- LinkedIn has 260 million monthly active users