2022 Social Media Comparison Infographic
Last Updated: July 2022
Editor’s Note: We will attempt to keep this updated roughly every six months. Check back for updated statistics. Thanks to everyone who has contributed feedback to keep this graphic as accurate as possible.
With all of the various social media outlets that people are using these days, we thought it would be nice to come up with an infographic that breaks down each of the most popular social outlets into digestible snippets demonstrating advantages of each and how they can be best utilized. Learn how to best leverage each platform with this social media comparison infographic. Enjoy!
Social Media Comparison Infographic Transcript
- Social site that is all about discovery
- Largest opportunities on Pinterest are in the home, parenting, beauty, style, and food industries
- 89% use Pinterest for purchase inspiration
- Pinterest has 431 million monthly active users
- Micro blogging social site that limits post to 280 characters
- Twitter has over 77 million users in the U.S.
- There are 6,000 tweets on average every second
- Twitter has 353 million monthly active users
- 59% of social media users are on Facebook, making it the largest social media platform in the world.
- 26% of U.S. Facebook users are age 25 to 34
- Users spend 19.6+ hours a month on average on Facebook
- Facebook has 2.91 billion monthly active users
- Social sharing app all around pictures, stories and live videos
- Many brands are participating through the use of hashtags and posting pictures consumers can relate to
- The most followed brand on Instagram (outside of the Instagram brand itself) is National Geographic
- Instagram has 1.4 billion monthly active users
- App for making and watching short form videos
- 1+ million video views daily and 1+ billion sound uses daily
- Most used social platform among users ages 10-29
- 1+ billion monthly active users
- Business oriented social networking site
- Brands that are participating are corporate brands giving potential and current associates a place to network and connect
- 77%+ of LinkedIn users are outside of the U.S.
- LinkedIn has 250 million monthly active users